CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

What My Child Is Reading - July 30

Junie B. First Grader At Last
I thought this book would be a good pick since school starts soon. Alexis is an excellent reader but I'm challenging her to read longer books without as many pictures. This will be her first Chapter Book.

Junie B. is about a sassy mouthed girl who is facing new challenges of being in a new class with a new teacher and new friends.



The Human Body: A First Discovery Book
Alexis picked this book herself. She found it fascinating. This book shows all of the parts of the body including the skeletal system, nervous system, organs, and the brain. I like that she picked this book because it goes along with our Life Science studies.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to WMCIR! I have to read more of your new blog because I also very much believe in "afterschooling". My daughter really loves Human Body books too. I looked at Junie B books but quite frankly didn't like the language. I don't want my daughter to use the words Junie B is using. I suppose she will pick them up anyway but I am not in any hurry of introducing them to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...so far we are only into the 3rd chapter but I haven't really seen any language in the book that would discourage me from allowing my daughter to read it. But thank you for the heads up I will definitely check into it further.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...