CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

First Grade Writing Prompts

In kindergarten, Alexis's teacher encouraged her to write in a daily journal. I am saving them all so Alexis can see them when she is older. It is so amazing to read through the journals and to see the progress from the beginning of the year to the end. Spelling and punctuation improved drastically.

I will admit that I slacked this summer. I didn't encourage Alexis to write in her summer journal as much as I should have and I'm feeling guilty.

Today I was reading Rowdy In First Grade and I found this link for writing prompts, Lakeshore Learning. They have an amazing writing prompts calendar. I am ecstatic, because this is just what I needed to help motivate Alexis to write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...