CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

I Am In Love With Khan Academy

Favorite Resource This Week

I just discovered a wonderful free math resource called Khan Academy. Khan Academy covers basic math to calculus. They even cover chemistry and physics.

With Khan Academy you watch a video where Salmon Khan explains in simple terms how to work through a particular math problem. After you finish the video, you do the practice problems. Once you correctly complete 10 practice problems in a row, you are considered proficient in that subject. There is an endless number of practice problems.

Last night, Alexis tried Khan Academy for the first time. She did the addition 1 and addition 2. I was afraid that she would be super bored by the videos but I was pleasantly surprised.

Before now we have been using IXL. In some ways Khan academy is similar to IXL, but with the Khan videos it is like having your own private tutor in the room with you.

So far I am very impressed and so thankful I found this resource.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking!
    We also love Khan Academy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Khan Academy even though it's a bit early for my daughter. How amazing to have this free resource available to all the children. Some schools here in Silicon Valley have started to use Khan Academy as part of their curriculum for higher grades.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...