CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Writing Prompts And Creating Stories


While blog hopping, I found this great article about using story cubes to encourage children to make up stories.  The game is made up of 9 cubes and each cube has  pictures. Roll the cubes and use the pictures rolled to create a story.

 Red Ted Art Blog has a very good post on how to make your own story cubes using wooden blocks.

I didn't have any story cubes so I used the writing prompts I told you about in a previous post to get my thoughts flowing. The writing prompt was "Would you rather live in an igloo or a tree house and why?" From that prompt I thought up 9 words and had Alexis to tell me a story using all of the words.

My words: Tree house, roller skates, picnic basket, radio, cat, rain, blue, shirt, girl

Alexis enjoyed the challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...