CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Identifying Subjects and Verbs



As you can see from the picture of our whiteboard, we have been practicing identifying subjects and verbs. That may seem like too much for a first grader but I can assure you Alexis does not struggle with this at all. In fact she caught on very quickly and she is eager to do more.

Sometimes I worry that I may be cramming too much into that little brain. I just wish I could get more organized because I know she needs consistency in order to learn and retain this information. So I really need to come up with a schedule and stick to it. At home we will focus on grammar, geography, social studies and math.

As far as school goes, these are the words Alexis is studying this week: at, go, the, on, I. More words will be added and on Friday there will be a spelling test. She is also working on memorizing math facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...